Our client, a global consulting house specialising in IT solutions, is looking for a Product Owner /Product Manager expertise for a position based at one of their clients. This role will be dealing with a banking client.
The initial contract is 6 months and may be renewable, depending on the client requirements.
- Must be flexible to finish case study once CV is shortlisted , followed by client interviews
- Product Owner/ Product Manager – MUST HAVE Data Science / Data Analytics - Proof of Concepts
We require a Product Owner / Project Manager to join our Data Science Team. Our team owns the first two parts of the data science lifecycle; to conduct proof of principle research (can we solve a business problem with data science?) and to develop data science proof of concepts (is our data science solution valuable to stakeholders?).
The work in this role centers around development and management of the second half of this lifecycle (proof of concepts). Our proof of concepts are small data science applications developed with our stakeholders to test whether outputs from our machine learning models and simulations are valuable in each business context.
A good candidate for this role would have sufficient technical expertise to understand the design and implementation of small data science applications and also the managerial expertise to run a small development team to collaborate, build and in some cases support these small applications.
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced, high speed innovation environment working on multiple initiatives at the same time
- Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders to develop a project plan, monitor and periodically report on the progress and finally deliver projects per the plan
- Take ownership, demonstrate initiative and drive to get the job done by working with all the stakeholders involved from various departments
- Be the single point of contact for all issues related to the project status
- Ensure risks are understood, communicated, documented and mitigated
- Define and refine proof of concept scope to develop the best solutions for stakeholders
- Ensure that the technical teams deliver high quality solutions to meet project requirements
- Communicate project progress, outcomes, challenges with project stakeholders through presentations & reports
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent organizational ability and experience managing and prioritizing across a portfolio of projects
- Prior experience in managing innovative projects/Product Development
- Basic understanding of data science concepts and experience working with data scientists
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology, organizational change management is needed
- Knowledge about mining value chain would be advantageous
- Working directly with business stakeholders, data engineers, solutions architects and product managers to help deliver projects per plan
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Education & Qualifications:
- Science, mathematics or engineering background would be a plus
- Mining industry experience would be advantageous
- Project management or Agile certifications would be a plus