Our Sandton based client requires a Networking Cyber Security Engineer, who will form part of the team providing Networking Services and Cyber Security functions.
- BSc (Computer Science or related)
- Security Certification - CISSP, CEH, etc
- Networking Certification - Network+, CCNA
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Networking and Cybersecurity
- Open Source Applications
- Linux Operating Systems
- Microsoft Technologies
- Wireless Technologies
- Database security experience
- Web Application Technologies
- Compiled and Interpreted Development Languages
- Network Implementation (Operational and Security)
- Telephony Technologies (Analog and IP)
- Social Engineering
- Physical Security
- Security Industry Standards
Duties and Responsibilities
This role performs the following activities in order to prevent significant reputational, financial or other loss to the company and its clients:
- Establish network specifications by consulting with end-users.
- Analyze workflow and security requirements and design router administration.
- Look at network performance issues such as availability, latency, utilization and throughput.
- Installing, configuring and testing equipment, establishing connections and firewalls
- Defining the policies and procedures of the network are also key duties in this area.
- Capacity planning
- Analyze, design, build and configure local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN), including installation of network software, firewalls and security settings for all network endpoints to support business growth
- Maintain established network. (Lan and WAN)
- Network monitoring and performance analysis.
- Troubleshooting network problems and ultimately enhancing performance for users via performance tuning.
- All issues that cannot be solved must be escalated and or referred vendor.
- Maintain an inventory of IT property and assets
- Troubleshoot and identify daily LAN and WAN network issues, including at the user and user group level, to ensure minimal connectivity problems and outage.
- Manage and maintain HP switches, including configuration changes, firmware updates and installations.
- Install, configure and maintain Fortigate firewalls, including firmware updates, configuration changes, and firewall reviews.
- Analyze all attempted or successful network security breaches daily to determine breach cause, resolve related issues and secure network to prevent future infiltration
- Implement secure network access protocols and then monitor and evaluate them for issues.
- Network documentation including LAN, WAN and more specific types network diagrams and record keeping.
- Prepare users to utilize the network safely by conducting relevant training sessions and providing helpful references and easily accessible support.
- Keep network up to date by upgrading the network.
- Keep network hardware up to date by keeping firmware’s and software’s up to date.
- Upgrades are performed by consulting with vendors about products to determine which ones would be best to purchase or what software to install.
- Test, evaluate and install network enhancements to ensure that they are the best choices.
- Development, provisioning and successful execution of Data Leakage incident management services.
- Define and clearly document the business requirements & processes associated with all aspects of Cyber Security.
- Ensure that data standards and polices are fully adhered to in accordance of stated global requirements.
- Manage Cyber incidents and take ownership for effective coordination until resolution.
- Liaise with the business representatives as focal point for all Cyber Incidents reported.
- Identify patterns and trends across incidents to provide advanced warning on new incidents.
- Assist Team Leader in ensuring that all process flows, procedures and controls are fully documented and maintained and reviewed on a regular basis
- Ensuring the Incident Management process is performed as designed.
- Compile and submit M.I.S reports and Incident Dashboard.
- Translate regulatory requirements into a data policy rule set.
- Report non-compliance & deviations to appropriate stakeholders
- Examine security from a holistic view, including threat modeling, specifications, implementation, testing, and vulnerability assessment
- Understand security issues associated with operating systems, networking, and virtualization software
- Understand Web application security concepts and practices
- Understand the architecture of systems and network including identifying the security controls in place and how they are used
- Understand database weaknesses and security best practices
- Advanced understanding of general information security concepts and principles, system architectures and development
- Expert knowledge of software development security principles, concepts, and best practices
- Ability to write tools to automate certain security tasks
- Ability to do Systems and Network hardening
- Perform, Organize and coordinate technical Vulnerability Assessments including systems and network vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, web application assessments, social engineering assessments, physical security assessments, wireless security assessments and implementing secure infrastructure solutions
- Recommend and set the technical direction for managing security incidents
- Maintain the integrity of process and approach, as well as controls, for the whole incident management process including the ability to coordinate and manage major/highly sensitive investigations with potential for business wide impact/reputational damage
- Be able to understand and forensically show how attacks from the Internet are done