(Maintaining clients and sourcing new business/sales in the Banking Industry)
HBZ Bank Limited is a leading international bank with over 50 years of consistent growth, spanning 130 countries globally. In South Africa, we operate several branches nationally with our Head Office positioned at the Umhlanga Arch, Durban, KZN.
An exceptional opportunity awaits a dynamic individual with the right personality and experience. The Relationship Manager is responsible for building and maintaining client relationships and ensuring superior service delivery to the clients allocated to his / her portfolio. In addition, the Relationship Manager is also responsible for the achievement of the branch targets and objectives.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
- To proactively develop the bank's overall business and achieve business targets, which includes opening of accounts, growth in deposits, advances, foreign exchange business and profitability.
- To manage and train l Relationship Officers placed in different branches in line with banks culture and techniques.
- To identify business opportunities and target markets for the bank both locally and nationally.
- To market the bank as an International Bank with opportunities in foreign trade services and to bring in new investments in terms of foreign exchange and revenue for the bank.
- To be part of the Management team for strategy and opening new branches, new business, training and development of all staff.
- To manage and maintain a cordial working relationship with the clients.
- To develop new products and to mentor and train staff to understand new products to improve growth.
- To implement proper procedures to prevent any misrepresentation to customers whose rights should be respected and protected always.
- To ensure that all operational and financial reporting is performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- To protect and promote the brand of the bank.
- To embrace a "Working Together" culture.
- Relevant related qualification
- Minimum of 5-8 years' experience required, Preference would be given to persons with experience in a banking institution.
- Good communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Financial and sector knowledge including banking products and markets
- Ability to analyse and research information
- Ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- Good sales and negotiation skills
24 days of annual leave per annum