- Responsible for the overall running of the business centre and programmes, however, where project needs dictate, the Centre Manager may also be responsible for managing individual project streams.
- Analyze a company's business, its' positioning, and financial status.
- To provide business advisory services, coaching, and training and support it with marketing efforts, strengthening its operations and financial management and funding opportunities.
- Must have the ability to do a needs analysis and diagnostic assessments.
- Direct and lead the delivery of all Project Deliverables within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Leads and oversees all aspects of the project including planning, organizing, staffing, controlling project activities, and manages project budgets. This is done in consultation with the PMO.
- Act as an enabler and integrator between multiple project streams ensuring that there is alignment and that they are benefiting each other and aligning with overall business goals.
Business Advisory and Coaching
• Providing appropriate advice that is related to the techniques which help in the improvement of the organization, making it more generative and eminent.
• Provide one on one coaching and technical assistance to business owners.
• Performing the job of examining the current activities of business of the organization
• Keep a track of the figures and other information related to the business of the organization. This helps him to study the problems that usually occur in the business system of the organization.
• Interact with the management committee and owners of the small and medium-sized business organizations in the form of meetings and conferences.
• Understand what the customers need from the organization and how can the organization fulfil the wants of these customers.
• Examine the business patterns, evaluate the fiscal statements, and assess the potential competitors. With this, he can ensure advancement in the business of the organization.
• On successful completion of the investigation of business of the organization, the business advisor attains the position where he can prepare a new business plan of action and suggest suitable business solutions to the clients.
• Act as a professional who performs the task of supporting the constituted as well as the recently built businesses of the organization.
• Give proper advice to the employers about the maintenance of financial accounts and assets of the organization to sustain its economic profits.
• Look for apt funding, marketing, and investment opportunities for the organization and informs the employer about the same.
• Perform an appropriate assessment, analysis, enforcement, and preparation of the business projects of the organization.
• Keep a watch on the changing trends of the market and thereby, strives to enhance and develop the services and products of the organization.
• Work in agreement with the clients to satisfy the expectations that are related to the performance of the projects.
• Professionally interacts with the leadership body and other associates involved in the completion of projects.
• Manage, monitor and report on project budgets;
• Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures;
• Ensure that all financial records for projects are up to date;
• Sign-off third-party invoices to confirm delivery of services or goods;
• Provide required information to have invoices generated and submitted to clients according to the established timelines (with input from Project Specialists); and
• Monitor and control costs.
Other Responsibilities of a Business Advisor
• Takes a positive and creative approach towards the profit-bearing resources and finds out ways for making the most of these resources.
• At times, required to make important marketing and management decisions on behalf of the organization
• Works for the enhancement of the technological aspects of the organization which can prove to be advantageous for the business of the organization
• Collect business data from different sections of the organization and develop new approaches for the improvement of the business of the organization
• Helps in finding out flaws that obstruct the process of making profits for the organization. He also rectifies these flaws or suggests corrective measures for the same
• Review, implement and monitor operations to ensure industry best practices and legislative compliance
• Record business successes and activities and maintain and update the business database
• Update project plans onto project management systems and manages timelines
• Develop and document products and services for development projects
• Report writing
• Structure and lead the Project in a way that supports the successful and efficient delivery of the project in totality;
• Give input into the organisational design/structure of the project;
• Recommend resourcing of the project with suitable, qualified, experienced and relevant people;
• Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve successful delivery of project outcomes;
• Ensure the project has the most effective, efficient and relevant systems;
• Develop and implement a project management methodology, process, reporting and governance structures; and
• Contribute to Tushiyah’s project management disciplines, tools, methodology, systems and processes.
• Diagnostics Assessments
• Development of Assessment Reports
• Prepare Implementation Plan
• Plan, coordinate, monitor, evaluate and report on coaching, technical support.
• Respond to Fast Track needs of the client.
• Monitor ESD budget per client.
• Source industry experts for suppliers in the SD programme
• Conduct research, compile data and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees, and other stakeholders.
Previous relevant experience:
• Mine data for the ESD project to effectively perform the tasks.
• Minimum 10 years business development marketing and sales experience
• Previous work experience in a similar role would be advantageous.
• Experience in starting / running own business preferable.
• Experience in ESD and SMME
• 10+ years work experience with 1 to 3 years demonstrable solid project management experience in large scale, high risk, or strategic projects;
• Demonstrable experience of managing projects in a fast-paced, changing environment;
• Proficient in Project Management - principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to implementation;
• Exposure to programme management;
• Experience in defining and scoping project requirements;
• Management of stakeholder expectations;
• University Degree (preferably in Business Management, Finance or Accounting)
• Sales and Marketing Qualifications
• BDegree, with a postgraduate qualification preferably in Commerce, Management, Project Management
• Unless demonstrated by extensive experience, Project Management Qualification (PMBoK, Prince) – added advantage
• Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Programme Management Professional (PgMP) – added advantage
• Business Process Improvement training or qualification (e.g. Six Sigma, DMAIC) – as added advantage–
• Registered with a PM Body (e.g. PMI, PMSA) – added advantage