The role will be responsible for product performance (vehicle technologies & other accessories products), checking and feedback to the Research & Development division, while liaising with the commercial team, supporting with product inspection and feedback from end users, provide training on the technical aspects of equipment and manage risk and progress animation.
• Prospecting and researching opportunities for product applications both as new business and through alternatives to conventional designs and systems.
• Responding to technical queries from the Region’s technical sales representatives and their customers
• Reviewing the specifications and quality of organizations range of products and liaising with the R&D department.
• Interpreting test results and reporting thereon to the client, the Region’s Technical team
• Keeping abreast of the developments in the state-of-the-art for related products and the related markets
• Growing select target markets with a view to generating additional turnover and greater profitability for the Region.
• Assisting in the technical training of the internal sales staff on basic product knowledge and application where necessary
• Technical research and study in areas pertaining to organizations core business.
• Generate technical papers and articles for presentations to clients and staff
• Maintaining communication and liaison with local and international standards authorities
Continually updating the technical client database i.t.o. market sectors/clients called on.
• Participation and input to the Region’s Monthly Sales Meeting i.t.o feedback on application suggestions, specifications and product requirements for existing and future projects.
• Compiling a concise monthly report detailing clients called on, projects and applications in the pipeline, specifications generated, quantities, further action etc
• Marketing of the services are carried out through presentations
Qualifications and Experience:
Relevant Degree or diploma
Min of 5 years mining sales and service experience