Our client based in Middelburg Mpumalanga is looking for a Senior Practitioner – Emergency Services.
The emergency officer is responsible to save lives and protects the assets of the company by responding to all emergencies relating to fire, hazmat, rescue and medical assistance. Also responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and inspections of fire equipment, fixed fire systems and emergency vehicles by ensuring that they are in a good usable condition at all times.
- Fight fires as required, respond to HAZMAT incidents and medical emergencies
- Patient care according to HPCSA protocols
- Attend plant safety meetings and monthly departmental meeting and safety meetings
- Assist in investigations of fire and emergency incidents.
- Do fire prevention inspections
- Compile monthly reports
- Conduct inspections and maintenance on all portable and fixed fire protection and detection systems
- Perform standby duties as and when required by plant
- Perform all ad hoc duties as requested by the Team Manager
- Shift work with operational and emergency duties
- Minimum qualification of an accredited 1 year Higher Certificate in Health and Safety
- 5 years’ experience in an emergency management environment
- Basic ambulance assistant (BAA) or intermediate
- Life support (AEA)
- IFSTA firefighter 1 and 2
- SAESI higher certificate or IFE prelim or T1 in fire technology will be advantageous
- Hazmat awareness and operations
- Hazmat technician will be advantageous
- Rope technician 1
- Rope technician 2 will be advantageous
- Code C1 driver’s license with a valid PDP
- must maintain a high level of fitness and a team player
- must have good analytical and communication skills
- Be able to solve complex problems
- Must have good report writing skills
- Person must be the brother's keeper in all emergencies.