The new year is the perfect time to make big moves in your career.
My client is looking for a Senior Business Analyst Lead to join their team. This is an opportunity to be a part of a well-established South African technology solutions provider to key market segments, including Banking & Legal, Credit and Data industries.
Primarily responsible for the general management of an IT team tasked with managing delivery
throughout the ALM (application lifecycle management) & SDLC (software development
lifecycle) periods. Key focus will be facilitating the design of new IT solutions and processes to
improve business efficiency and productivity by working closely with IT & executive management
and clients to align ongoing projects and initiatives with the strategic goals and plan of the
Principal duties and responsibilities:
1. Work with clients to understand their business;
2. Document current state of business processes and work flows as per current project
methodology or industry best practice;
3. Presentation of technical concepts or solutions to internal and external business as well
4. Conduct and capture user requirements sessions according to established
methodologies (UML etc.);
5. Prepare specifications, project charters, cost estimates, technology research
documentation as appropriate;
6. Promote new technologies and solutions to financial institutions;
7. Line management of all team members using POLC as guiding principles
8. Identify opportunities and facilitate sales of e4 products & solutions across existing &
9. Perform customer relationship management;
10. Mentorship & guidance of peers or subordinates, direct reports or otherwise;
11. Manage projects through life cycle (Azure Dev Ops , MS Project etc.);
12. Develop business cases to assess process improvement opportunities;
13. Use practical experience and industry best practice knowledge to support BPR strategy,
approach, methodologies and tools;
14 Contribute to the development of standard tools and techniques to support a clear
strategy and structured approach to business process engineering;
15. Collaborate with subject matter experts and process owners to ensure all design
requirements adequately reflect the defined business processes and fully support all
components of the functional business requirements;
16. Ensure that budgeted Projects are adhered to and deadlines met.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
Software Proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Project, MS Visio, process design and simulation and
statistical analysis tools and MS SQL Manager.
Computers and Electronics Knowledge of software including applications and programming.
Technical Understanding Possess understanding in the areas of application programming,
database and system design.
Analyse and Solution Definition Understand the business issues and data challenges of client's
organisation and industry;
Identify client organisation's strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement;
Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution;
Develop functional specifications and system design specifications for client engagements.
Technical Recommendation and Testing
Leads testing efforts; Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner;
Work with client personnel to identify required changes; Communicates required changes to development team.
Project Execution Assist in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules;
Communicate and apply project standards;
Manage resources in accordance with project schedule;
Consistently deliver high-quality service to clients;
Understand the components of running a fiscally successful project.
Industry and organization knowledge
Understanding the current and future climate of the company's industry and formulating strategies that
respond to that climate.
Understand market trends;
Understand competitor’s products and offerings;
Understand financial services companies and how they operate
Benefits And Perks
A company that aims to strike a balance between work and play, with a games lounge, regular health and wellness days and an onsite Food Truck! With high tech equipment and coffee stations, to secure parking and a car wash!
If this sounds like your new home, then get moving and forward your details.