Overview: Conduct railway safety audits and inspections as per the Western Cape (Cape Town) operational plan
• Swift response to railway occurrences when instructed to do so by the Principal Inspector or Regional Technical Manager.
• Conduct railway safety audits and inspections as per the regional operational plan and in line with the Rail Safety Regulator (RSR) Compliance policies and procedures.
• Document all audit and inspection findings, including recommendations in line with the RSR Compliance policies and procedures.
• Enforcement of compliance where non-compliances are detected in line with the National Railway Safety Regulator Act and RSR Policies and procedures
• Submit accurate and complete reports to the Principal Inspector for approval
• Follow through on all audits and inspection reports to ensure the appropriate and timely closure thereof.
• Conduct site visits and inspections to ensure that the recommendations and/or noncompliance’s have been implemented by operators.
• Ensure that recommendations are correctly and accurately implemented to the extent that the identified risks are adequately mitigated.
• Promotion of railway safety compliance and awareness with all railway operators within the region.
• Engineering Degree/Diploma in any discipline NQF 6/7
• Recognized Subject Matter Expert in any railway sub-system
Must be from the Cape Town region
• 5 years’ experience in a railway safety background
Prepared to work 15 hours per week