Deputy Manager – Transaction Banking Services
An exceptional opportunity awaits a dynamic individual. The successful incumbent will be responsible for developing and maintaining an efficient and well-controlled Transaction Banking Service department at a local niche bank.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- SUPERVISION & MONITORING: Providing direction and guidance to the departments to improve work-flows and operational efficiency by developing and leveraging monitoring tools for operational controls and accuracy.
- CONTINUOUS PROCESS IMPROVEMENT AND INNOVATION: Continuous re-alignment of processes to ensure a high-quality service delivery in line with SLAs; Identifying process gaps and process disconnects
- SMOOTH CONDUCT OF AUDITS: Pilot the audits of the departments by the Regulator, GIA, Internal Audits, System audits, and other related inspections; To ensure timely provision of all information as well as implementing directives from previous audits
- BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLANNING & READINESS: Contributing towards observance of the Bank's BCM guidelines; Down-the-line communication of specific actions to be taken by each functional area; Random monitoring of BCM readiness
- TEAMBUILDING & CAMARADERIE: Create a strong backoffice team including performance reviews of all staff; Ensuring accountability and accolades based on performance so that everyone works collectively and collaboratively as ONE TEAM!
- INCULCATING A "CULTURE OF COMPLIANCE": Monitor operational activities through all layers of staff to inculcate a compliance culture within the Departments; Ensuring accountability for lapses in service delivery, audit compliance, and regulatory matters
The following minimum requirements must be met to be considered for this position:
Bachelor’s degree or relevant qualification.
5 years relevant working experience at a management level.
24 days of annual leave per annum
The salary will commensurate with the candidate's credentials