Cost Accountant Analyst.
Area: Hartbeespoort Dam, North West Province
Package: R55000 P/M (negotiable)
Purpose of the position: The cost accountant analyst position is accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The person is responsible for constructing and monitoring those cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
- Costing new products – work with customer service and R&D at costing new products
- Pricing on system – (Syspro 8) – ensure and confirm the pricing of all items (components and raw materials on the system are correct, accurate and continuously up to date - liaise with procurement)
- Review raw material and packaging prices – prepare costings and quotations for customers – new & existing
- BOM costing – currently import data to excel spreadsheets – future – develop a Syspro integrated costing procedure, process and structure.
- Costing updates – produce monthly, quarterly, and annual cost updates to determine respective selling prices, maintain GP’s and conversion values.
- Jobs – analyse completed jobs and compare to costing
- Price differences and variances – authorise any PPV (Purchase Price Variance) on GRN/Invoice and check cost changes on Syspro and ensure cost variances are managed/recovered with the customer where applicable
- Sales and cost analysis – ongoing and regular reporting to management with recommendations etc.
- Month end – assist accounts/finance with month end and reports as required.
- Develop an efficient and effective integrated reporting system
- Responsible for assessing business expenses and preparing optimized budget plans.
- Review financial records, research market rates for key business costs.
- Collecting and analysing data about company’s operational costs
- Setting standard costs of manufacturing, production and all related activities i.e. warehousing logistics etc.
- Developing and analysing cost standards
- Carrying out cost-volume- profit (CVP) analysis
- Establishing costs of business processes such as administration, labour, lease rental, utilities, departmental, R&D, maintenance etc.
- Recommending changes to the company’s processes and policies to reduce cost and maximise profit
- Advising exco, and senior management on appropriate costing based financial data.
- Provide support to inventory management and capital expenditure – feasibility analysis
- Develop detail cost allocation and recovery mechanism particular for budget purposes.
- Design control systems to minimise cost and production issues
- Highlight issues in equipment, process, and labour
- Accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing, margin analysis, tracing costs back to underlying activities
- The cost account analyst must construct and monitor data accumulation systems need to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
- Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses
- Report on breakeven points by product, work centre and departments etc.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Superior knowledge of financial reporting software Syspro 8 essential.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective communication, including writing, speaking and active listening
- collaboration and teamwork
- Engaging with customers to motivate pricing changes
- Industrial engineering experience would be an advantage
- 3+ years cost accounting experience in related industry (manufacturing) – preferably cosmetics, toiletries and fragrances or 5+ years in industrial engineering.
- Degree in finance/accounting or similar field or BA/BSC degree as well as excellent analysis skills and the ability to work on one’s own initiatives and collaborate with multi-department teams, also helpful to have experience in manipulating large data bases
- Job costing and process costing knowledge essential
- Show initiative in developing and implementing process improvements, schedules, specifications
- Advanced knowledge of mathematics and statistics
- Understanding of organisational accounting concepts