Senior HR Manager (ACI Only)
Area: Cape Town – Northern Suburbs
Package: Negotiable up to R1 000 000 CTC P/A Depending on experience and qualifications
The Role: This is a great opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join a fast-paced manufacturing environment and provide support, advice, and direction on the full life cycle of HR activities in South Africa.
- Manage the overall sourcing of talent, from sourcing to on boarding, in line with business requirements and processes.
- Manage the talent management process in line with business requirements and processes.
- Management of the recruitment process and co-ordination of all recruitment throughout the region.
- Utilizing outside resources in order to monitor issues and concerns in employment law, communicating potential changes to senior management.
Compensation & Benefits Management
- Negotiate, prepare and offer salaries packages to internal hires as well as potential new employees
- Support the benefits management processes, inclusive of disability, death, provident fund and medical aid, amongst others.
- Facilitates all employee changes on the payroll and HR systems.
- Ensures governance is followed on all compensation changes.
- Providing pragmatic and consistent guidance and advice to managers on grievance, attendance, disciplinary, and performance issues
- Support managers in all disciplinary and grievance cases and ensure procedural and substantive compliance in line with the company disciplinary code and procedure.
- Support managers in all terminations for operational reasons in line with local labour legislation and company policies.
- Support managers in all incapacity cases.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are rolled – out and complied with.
- Represent the company at externally referred cases, i.e., conciliation and arbitration.
- Liaise with legal counsel where necessary on all Labour Court matters.
- Together with line managers and employees, foster a healthy ER environment.
- Union interaction
Training and Development
- Setting up a robust Training and development strategy with the line managers
- Conducting new employee orientation program and other educational and training programs on changes in benefits, diversity, etc.
- Setting up and coordinating internal training including Induction, and other interventions, in compliance of BBBEE and other legislation.
- Ensuring that all Training is captured monthly, and that processes and policies for internal and external training, are followed.
- Bursary administration as is required.
- Ensure all data quality is 100% accurate.
- Ensure all HR people management processes are in place and complied with.
- Ensure all employee lifecycle administration processes, e.g., new hires, terminations, etc. are complied with.
Policies and Procedures
- Briefing new managers and staff on the policies and procedures of an organization in conjunction with development and learning team, providing coaching to managers on difficult and complex issues.
- Keeping managers informing on antidiscrimination regulations.
HR or related degree
Must have manufacturing experience (non-negotiable)
At least 7 years’ management experience in a position with similar responsibilities
Very good knowledge and understanding of local labour laws and disciplinary procedures
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Strong organisational skills, with a high attention to detail
Committed to excellence, continuous improvement and achieving success
An enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive and collaborative work environment
Must be fully vaccinated